Monday, April 2, 2007

...And justice for all

Reading the intro to a digital decade I see a lot of things that don't really surprise me that much. "Anecdotal evidence and research suggest that teachers’ integration of digital tools into instruction is sporadic. Many young people’s reliance on digital technology in their outside lives stands in sharp contrast to their limited use of it in schools". From what I've read and experienced in my own experience this is not shocking. When I was in high school the computers in each classroom were already ancient; I had a better one at home, so I would never use the computers when I was actually in school. Another point that strikes me is what they say as to the format for publishing their findings: "This year, for the second time, the state by state technology reports that once made up roughly half the print Technology Counts are being published exclusively online." Hmm. Go figure. The flattening of the world, not to mention research and a paperless classroom is happening sooner than anyone would think.

No comments: