Wednesday, January 24, 2007

My First Entry or How to Make Your Current Writing Tools into Feeling Like Expatriates!

Hi there! My name is Chris Turo and this is not exactly my first blog, but the first for a college credit. I hail from Mexico, New York (not the country). It's a town ten minutes east from Oswego and we are known for our apples and Grandma Brown's Baked Beans (check your local Tops). I am a junior here at SUNY Cortland and am an Adolescent English Education major. Technology and I are on fairly good speaking terms, I am competent with most technology, except for abacuses (I never really got the hang of it). I have a tendency to write with a sarcastic and slightly off-beat tone, but that says nothing about my attitude and willingness towards learning new things. I just feel that my writing is infinitely more interesting when you can a) laugh at either my humor or my lack of or b) try to wonder exactly what my point is, all the while furthering your intrigue into the cryptic labyrinth of my prose!

But at any rate, I like classic rock. My favorite bands are Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin; I also like rap and hip-hop, modern rock, punk, jazz, etc. Clichéd as it is, I listen to pretty much every genre of music, save for polk and music manufactured simply for record sales and MTV airplay (TRL anyone?). I enjoy reading, which is the key determinant as to why I am in the field of English. My favorite contemporary author is Stephen King. I feel that his writing, no matter what the subject may be, is so dynamic. His characters are so incredibly detailed, I feel sometimes that he has lived the life of every character at the same time. I also enjoy Kurt Vonnegut, John Keats, Carl Hiaasen, W.B. Yeats and so many more.

To get back to the task at hand, I feel that this class will be indelibly informative and from what I have encountered so far, extremely entertaining!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indelibly informative, huh Chris!! I sure hope so! Nice introduction.

--expatriate Stearns...

Anonymous said...

Sup i'm fresh on here, I came accross this forum I have found It truly accommodating & it has helped me out so much. I should be able to contribute & support other people like its helped me.

Thank You, See You About.

Anonymous said...

Sup i am fresh to this. I came accross this board I find It amply helpful and it's helped me a great deal. I should be able to contribute & guide other people like its helped me.

Thanks Everyone, See You Later.

Anonymous said...

Hey im new on here. I stumbled upon this message board I have found It positively useful and it has helped me out a great deal. I hope to contribute & help other people like it has helped me.

Thanks a load, See Ya Later.