Monday, January 29, 2007

Apologies to English Conventions, But Your Current Conventions Are Taking a Big Hit.

We had our first group meeting today. Lauren, Brian, Bridget and myself discussed our wikis project in the library. We have decided to start a wiki on the article "Verbicide" we looked at in the Study of the English Language class (ENG 407) that we are currently taking. Essentially it says that current technologies are degrading spoken English. The focus of the wiki will be to present that argument and then a counterpoint with information that we will study in our Technology class. I am looking forward to working with my group and hopefully enlightening the rest of the class and other potential viewers to the benefits and downsides of technology in regards to spoken English.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris, your project sounds very interesting. Bravo!

I would like you to link that wiki page to a 307 wiki site. Do you think you could do that?

Kris Mark said...

Hey Chris!

I think your project sounds really interesting!! I can't wait to see how you and your group present this argument because so many parents and basically all of society is saying how the internet is murdering the English language because of all the slang we use. Good luck and I'm looking foward to see your project!