Monday, October 8, 2007

World University Exchange

I joined my team today for the WUE. Well not joined, but I posted information about myself on the team page. What I noticed today is that they are moving forward and I think we have a good team. There is a strong notion of everyone being on the same page and everyone wanting to work together, with no real segregation between countries. I know that may seem ridiculous, but it's nice that it was made to be a point that everyone is equal in a world where some people may be much more knowledgeable than others. Speaking of which, there are people on the team who are not proficient at SL or can't even access Second Life on their computer. I empathize for that person, but I feel that it can't be an excuse for not doing your part (if it comes to that).

I am assuming the hardest part of this project will be learning how to build in SL but almost more importantly is finding time where we can all be on SL together. Since we are all in different time zones and all have busy schedules, I am optimistic that the project will be a lot of fun and enlightening but I am anxious that we won't be able to get the full advantage of the collaborative effort.

1 comment:

Alex Reid said...

I'm glad to hear you've been making some progress getting in touch with your teammates. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with this experiment.